AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Quick Recap

My weekend was a chellenging one.
Pain killers every 4-6 hours. I have absolutely no appetite. I have pain coming from places I don't even know. Just so you know, I now weight 128 pounds.

For the first time, I feel like a cancer patient.

Emotionally, I am still doing OK. I am still happy and greatful for what I have. And believe me, I am glad that I can still type and my laptop has wi-fi capability. Below, I will write a quick comment on the stocks we carry in our portfolio: I hope this helps.

RICK: This is our favorite. The last price swing was the last chance for anyone to get on board at bargain prices. Chances are, RICK will go onto an all time high this year. Buy.

BTYH: This is the last week before the spin-off. I am expecting 50%+ move during the next few sessions. As I have said before, I am not too crazy about the ambulance business. I am looking to exit with quick, short gains.

MIDS: We have been slowly accumulating this one. MIDS is one of my hidden joker. I do expect this to move up substantially in coming months. If you still do not own MIDS, I suggest you start now. $1 and below will be a history soon.

UTK: Either this is a bargain or this is a fraud. I don't think this is a fraud. The business on fire. Investors have to regain the confidence in management. I feel this is a terrific risk/reward play. Infact, if this goes above $12.50 we will be buying more!

AUTO: I can not explain it. Revenue and profit keeps moving up. The stock price has not. I have no problem holding the shares as long as business is good. Actually, this is the best type of situation I am looking for. Sooner or later, stock prices always reflect the underlying business. Buy.

CMGI: When I was selling XMSR recently, I also considered selling CMGI. I changed my mind. I am willing to hold this through the down turn because I think CMGI will come alive in 2007.

GDX: In 2007, you want to have at least some gold exposure in your portfolio. There are just too many good reasons to own some gold related assets. Among them, GDX is offers the best bang for a buck. If you expect gold price to move substantially higher, GG is your best bet.

QID: I think there's a better chance of downward move in coming months than upward move in stocks in general. QID is a good insurance for your portfolio.

NTE: Not too may companies are expanding production capacity for future expected orders. NTE is well positioned to be the low cost producer in this arena. We have already received fat, juicy dividends in the last two quarters. Eventhough the dividend was reduced by nearly a half (to fund the expansion), NTE still offers over 5%+ annual dividend. Keeper.

PRZ: Regular followers made handsome profit with this one last year. We will do it again this year. This one is similar to BTYH story. I am not crazy about the business - I just know a value when I see one. Get it near $1 and wait please.

IDWD: This crazy horse is running everywhere. But if you know how to buy and sell, you can make some decent $ with stocks like this. IDWD was one of the top three profit makers for our portfolio last year. As you know, I just added some more at $0.41 recently. Let's wait for some news from the company.

Hope this quick note helps.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae,

you need to eat. you can't do what you do on an empty stomach. that only makes you weaker.

John.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae:

did you get my e-mail regarding Erbitux's competitor from Amgen? maybe it has fewer side effects...

I was going to ask you about my holdings, but that can wait.

make sure you eat little bit many times during the day - it might make it easier...

Johnny

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home