AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Kidney pain

I have spent all day at the hospital.
My kidney pain is getting worse and my urologist decided to perform detailed tests to get to the bottom of this situation. I am on the pain medication almost 24 hours a day. This is not the way to spend an otherwise beautiful day.

Regarding the market, stocks look tired as well.
We are in the middle of massive earnings season and so far, companies are reporting beautiful numbers. The problem is, we all expected that. An exception was Ebay: it really performed better than investors expected. 2007 will be a good year for ebay. We may jump into this when prices settle down (anywhere near $30 looks fair to me).

The ex-dividend date has been set for BTYH.
February 2nd is the last day the stock will trade with the dividend shares attached. As per my last message, I am looking to sell half of my position in BTYH before the spin-off. I just wish I can get much better price for this (mid to high one's).

When I sold my XMSR shares at $15.85 last Friday, I was a bit upset with the low price I got. Guess what - it is now trading at $14. Nice move indeed.

Once again, excuse me until I feel better.
I may not be able to write everyday. I am in pain guys ...
Wishing you a healthy new year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Siyu LI said...

hi Jaewoo:

good to hear from you. wish you feel better, and gain strength.

Siyu

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish you feel better soon and write your blogs for a long time.
Following your blogs I shorted axr 500 shares at 119 and another 500 shares at 129 And they are already making $ 30000. Also bought 2000 shares of Qid at 49.45 and they are making $ 8000.
Get well soon and I want to pay for you and your family's steak dinner by credit card from stockton.Just tell the resturaunt to call me for credit card authorization.
Gus

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home