AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Friday, February 16, 2007

I've been sick

Most of you were waiting for my usual timely updates.
I am sorry that I could not log on. I was really sick. From the very beginning (October 2005) of my cancer battle, the last week was the worst. I had pain in so many different places that I didn't even care. My oncologist, gave me even more powerful pain medication (Fentanyl) to ease the pain.

Just so you know, I am now wearing a bag that collects my urin coming from my left kidney. Yes, doctors inserted a tube to drain the kidney. As if this wasn't enough, CT scan showed suspicious "things" on my hip bone (this may be the cancer spreading to my bones). Let me just say that I am in no shape to write in any length right now.

With your help, I will get better soon and return to this pages as soon as I can.

Quick recaps then:

RICK: when I first reccommended this in the $4's I said that we will see double digits on this baby - well, now you have it. If you have a double, take some off the table but definately hold on to some shares for the long term - just sold some at $9.80

IDWD: this went up almost 50% today - one thing you can not say is that IDWD is boring. I am still holding on to my most speculative shares - I am as curious as you are as to how this story unfolds - my last purchase was at $0.41

BTYH: you probably see the Southland shares in your brokerage account by now. My estimate is that during the second quarter of this year, these shares will freely trade with ticker symbol. Once again, BTYH owns 25% of Southland shares.

MIDS: Those to can afford - keep adding to your shares - we bought more at $0.60

CMGI: Keep holding - I expect much higher price by the end of this year

PRZ: Just added more at $0.77

New ideas: I am interested in REFR under $9 and IRBT under $14

The market is showing quite a bit of strength. U.S. economy is in a fine shape. However, it will take a rest before moving up again. Buy some QID is you have not.
I am really tired ...

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear how you are feeling lately. Rest up and take good care of yourself. Hope you are doing better soon.

Pinto

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you

Mike

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

typical lame, arbitrary, self effacing view of the market.. what are facts when you have opinions, right?

irrational pessimism reigns supreme..

QID - great idea... are you kidding????!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae, get better soon. Am sorry to hear that you are in pain. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Ross

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How am I supposed to live without you?????

Please get well soon.
God bless you!!!

soyoun

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"typical lame, arbitrary, self effacing view of the market.. what are facts when you have opinions, right?

irrational pessimism reigns supreme..

QID - great idea... are you kidding????!"

Look, the advice is free, if you do not want it or disagree with it, then please comment in a constructive manner, otherwise leave.

In any case, Jae get better, take rest, you have a lot of steak to still eat, hmm steak, so get better:)

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae-

I wish you the best in your recovery and am always hopeful that you will get back to "normal" in the near future.

Based on your advice I picked up some CMGI @ $1.25/share. So far, so good. Hopefully, a lot more in this baby!!! Any thoughts on MRVC?
Take care!!!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae is back in the hospital today. We hope he gets out soon, but something tells me, this time, he might be there for awhile. So to those faithful followers of this blog, PLEASE, PLEAAAASE... Send the man-GOD upstairs- faxes, emails, phone calls, text messages... whatever, we need to reach him and ask that he gives us a marker this one time for Jae. We'll owe him, but trust me when I tell you, it will be worth it.

John Lee.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae,
I am sorry to hear you are back in hospital.
Please get well soon. I feel you are part of my family.
I am looking forward to your blogs.
I wish you speedy recovery.
Gus

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I sure hope you are on the path of recovery fast my good man. You have helped and taught so many people lessons about money and life.

Barrybob

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaewoo: the most cherished gift I got from writing my blog is to know you and be your friend.

you are one of few that live life to its fullest, also easily seen from your inspirational blog. Ha, not to mention these excellent picks...

Did I tell you that my wife is a big fan of your blog too? :-)

Be strong, and be back. our family prays for you.

Siyu and Jenna

1:18 PM  
Blogger CP Waterman said...

Thursday, February 22, 2007
Please pray for Jae Woo ( urgent )

Hello all you saints,
Just received news that our brother Jae Woo is back in hospital and I need not elaborate further about his "condition". Let us come together as a family of Christ( France,Malaysia,Singapore,China,Indonesia,Uganda,East Timor) to stand in the gap to claim for brother Jae all the promises in Psalm 91 that God in His bountiful grace has sent forth to touch him.
Let us pray NOW!!!

posted by CP Waterman at 6:22 AM
(www.cpwaterman.blogspot.com)

12:47 AM  
Blogger Sonderval said...

Hello Jae,

Sad to hear your back in hospital. Hope you get better soon! Best Wishes & thoughts!

Sonderval

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon Jae or I fear the stock market will crash without you.

Sang

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

28/2
Hope you are recovering well. Market has just crashed, we need you back QUICKKKK........
Get well soon & Our prayers are with you!

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I predicted it would crash and it did indeed. How ya like dem apples.

Sang

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone who knows Acetrader know how he is right now?

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flipside on the upside when it come to bubble axtion.

Riddlez

5:40 PM  
Anonymous sharegyan001 said...

If you are trading in NSE, BSE, MCX and in NCDEX then let sharegyan give you all stock trading gyan

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home