AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ebay & Maverick

Today was a great shopping day.
The whole market panicked and tanked in the morning (most of you did not even know this) but as soon as Mr. Bernanke (our new Fed. Chairman) spoke in front of the congress, the market rallied and moved up fast. Basically, Mr. Bernanke hinted that he will not raise interest rate this time. Everyone loved hearing that. So what does this mean?

The bull market just got a new fuel to run some more.
Market will be very positive near term. (Hint: Buy! buy!)

Now, do you think I went shopping this afternoon? Indeed, I did.
Here's what I bought:

MVK: Maverick Tube Corporation engages in the production and sale of welded tubular steel products, which are primarily used in the oil and natural gas industry, as well as in other electrical applications. This company is wildly profitable and it will stay this way for a while. I bought half a unit at $54 and I have order to buy half unit more at $52.

EBAY: I don't have to explain what they do. Just know that ebay is on sale right now. In January it was selling for $48, now it is on sale at $34. I just bought it this afternoon at $34.49/sh. For me, this one is a short term trading vehicle. I think this will go up a few points in the next few trading days. Just watch me.

Did you read the "Idea #2" on my note dated 4/21? Go back and catch it if you have not. In it I said to short TZOO (then at $44) and my target was $36. Well, I shorted it the next day at $46.25 took my first profit at $41 then today I took the rest of my profit at $39. The stock actually went as low as $38 today. I am now out. What a beautiful move! Can you even appreciate this kind of beauty? I hope so. TZOO might fall further but I am not greedy.

Please do not send e-mail to me directly. Leave a note in my comment section below. I will answer all questions and comments. Happy shopping next few days. I love sale!

7 Comments:

Blogger Siyu LI said...

Enjoy reading this blog!
MVK is a good one, agree. Very promising growth potential.
A little greedy now, will try ~$52-53 buying oppoturnity on Friday.

I think it is oil-related tube company still valued as a industry-related tube company.

Siyu's Hybrid Stock Pick

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about this story from CounterPunch?

Gold traders love George Bush. They know that his blundering mismanagement of the economy will keep gold soaring well into the future. In the last year alone gold increased nearly $200 an ounce capping off a 5 year run that has taken it from $274 per ounce to $635 at Friday's close.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

As always some people let emotion get in the way of real facts. This is a costly mistake for many. Gold price does not go up because of Mr. Bush. It went up because the world demand for various commodities are soaring. Not only gold but steel, coal, natural gas are all going up big time. Basically there is no country that are not growing at this time. Even Iraq is growing its economy at a rate we have not seen in years. Do you think Mr.Bush made steel prices to rise too?
O.K. That's what I mean.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home