AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Updates on our holdings

I don't know about you but it was a busy day for me. My chemo injection ended today (every two weeks I receive chemo therapy from Monday - Wednesday). You have no idea how good it feels to be off the chemo injection after three days of continuous therapy - yeh!

I have so much to report to you guys so here it goes:

UTK: We bought this last Friday at $14.35 (read 4/21 note) it is now at $15.90 = +11% so far. This is a long term play. If you did not read Friday's note, it is your fault. It just hit a new high!

RICK: What can I say, this stock became the largest holding I have currently. It also just hit a new high at $6.75 today. Our avarage cost was $4.80 - we bought one more extra unit when rumors of mafia involvement in RICK knocked the price down to $5.25 from $6.25 a few weeks ago. This may be able to give us 100%+ gain this year (read 4/17 note).

MATK: I like to believe that my assumption in this company proves right. This will become a much bigger company in the next few years (refer to 4/11). Our cost was $28 and it has been slow moving stock. My advise is to hold on. This is a long term play but I still expect to see over $40 this year and 2007 will be the the year for MATK.

OIH: Refer to 3/31 note. You simply need an oil related stock in your portfolio and OIH is the best. Our cost was $142 and it is now at $158. This will move higher in coming months. FYI, you can not buy under 100 shares of OIH so if your unit is smaller simply buy BJS instead.

IDWD: May 15th is the date we will receive our special dividend. This is a wild stock. Our cost was $0.70 and it is now at $1.07 ( it was as high as $1.80 on 4/13th). If you have a good stomach, you may want to get this sooner rather than later. Always place a stop loss order (10 to 20% below your cost) when you are dealing with small companies. Read 4/17 note for more info. This stock is my wild cat - it may give us over 100% gain in a few months. Let's see.

BTYH: Yesterday I told you to consider Bad Toys since its earnings will be released in 2 weeks. And the earning will be excellent. I expect the company to have record revenue and profits. Our cost was $1.49 and it closed today at $1.45 (this is a great price I think). What do I expect on this one? At least $2.75/sh this year (that's 90% gain this year). I briefly mentioned this one in 4/6 note but I will write a new piece soon. Buy.

IGLD: Although I like the company (the main internet portal in Israel) it is a real slow mover so far. I will be selling this one soon to free up capital to buy a faster mover. So don't bother. Our cost was $6.5 and we will try to exit at $6.5 as well. This will probably hit $8 this year but I am losing interst fast. I will keep you posted.

SYMC: Sold it for a small loss today. Our cost was $16.7 and sold it for $15.9 ( I just came to learn that SYMC owes IRS over $1 billion dollars). However, I want you to know that I did not sell this because I think this will go down. In fact, I think this will go up in coming months. This is a great price for this stock. If you are holding this and have over a year time frame, then keep your stock. SYMC will go up. I simply needed the fund to be freed up. You can call this portfolio readjustment.

My recent shorts such as TZOO, RMBS, KRY and HYTM were wildly profitable but this is for day-trading account only. Most of you are not a day trader so I do not mention trading stocks in detail. But as you can see from my past notes, I will mention what I do time to time. If you have any questions please use the comment section below each blogs.

How was that for an update? Does this help? Comments please...

P.S: I tried a fancy move today by buying FORD (Forward Industry) before the earnings release at 3:50pm paying $10.23/sh. Guess what, the earnings were terrible at 6:35pm. In the after market sessions the stock was trading at $6/share! (down 40% in 2 hours). I have no idea what it will open at tomorrow morning. I need a serious damage control here. This goes to show you that you need to stick to the companies you follow. I did not follow FORD, I simply wanted to play the earnings game. I lost on this one. Yet another lesson learned ...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on ending your chemo!!
Now replace that with Bear Mountain sessions?? ;)
Anthony

10:21 AM  
Blogger Gregstarr1 said...

Good Post Jae!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Greg & Tony:
Thanks for the affirmation. I will keep up the work. You sit back and watch!

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home