AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Monday, April 17, 2006

RICK and IDWD...

The market did not perform as I had thought (it usually does). There was many surprise moves in the various sectors in the market. But then again today is Monday. Do you know what Monday means? Especially if we had a long weekend due to holidays? Let me introduce a book (you can get this on Amazon.com) called "Don't buy stocks on Monday". Why not you ask? Because statistically speaking, Monday is the worst day of the week in terms of stock prices. So if you want to sell a stock, try Tuesday or any other day.

During this damaging day (over 190 new 52week lows in NYSE), our darling RICK went up almost 3% to close at $5.95 (it was as high as $6.33 today). If you read yesterday's notes, you will slowly understand why I have a double unit size in this RICK (Rick's Cabaret & Steakhouse). If you have not visited this fine establishment, I suggest you pay a visit very soon ( 50 west 33rd street - 212-372-0850). The lunch special is a bargain. The women are drop dead gorgeous - please don't take my word for it. RICK is basically printing money. These girls (they do look like supermodels) actually pay RICK for the right to be there and do business - daily! Oh, come on, why didn't I think of that? Do you kow Anna Nichole Smith? She was one of RICK girls in Texas and met the millionare while working. The bottom line, get some RICK before the earnings report. There is better than 50/50 chance that we will see double digit price on this baby. And I mean it babe.

One other darling in our portfolio - IDWD. Basically, this company will be separated into three (3) different companies. IDS Worldwide/ 995ad.com/ Homeland Security Division. Supposely holders of IDWD will receive new shares of the separated companies (this will happen in weeks not months). Although many of us already have over 100% gain on this one (my gain is 122% so far) the price is still a steal if all goes as planned. If you are new to this, buy it and place stop loss order at $1.10/share. Your target goal is about $2.75 per share. Let me warn you, this is a new & small company (although 2006 revenue will be over 100 million) so it will be very volatile. Hopefully volatile on the upside :-)

I will be climbing Bear Mountain at 6:30am tomorrow. People say this will help me fight my cancer (fresh oxyginated mountain air + the excercise of walking + sweating). This means that I will be away from the computer during the very important market hours. Oh, well - nothing is free in this world. Everything you do has a price. Believe me, this Bear mountain thing is very expensive...

Lastly, our short HYTM is begining to work. It fell 5.55% today. It will try to gain it back tomorrow but eventually this will die. My short position will be profitable. Just watch. Our other short KRY depends on gold price (gold hit a new 25 year high today at $610/oz) - yawn - yawn. Gold will come down soon (maybe tomorrow). If not, I have a losing position. Just watch again.
OK, I am officially tired - good night. Happy trading...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home