AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

RICK's Cabaret International...

Those of you who acted on yesterday's notes made a hansome profit today. Of the five stocks mentioned in the field of Fiber Optics play, all five went up in price. Guess which one went up the most? AVNX of course! (if you have not read yesterday's message, shame on you). AVNX went up 8.6% today. And yes, it is a one (1) day gain. Needless to say I took my profit off the table. I will be in it again. Remember, these stocks jump. But they are in a fabulous business. One person asked me why I picked AVNX among the five, eventhough all five are OK.
The truth is I don't know. It is simply a gut feeling. I got lucky again.

On a personal note, you all know that my dad was sent to the hospital (from my past messages), he is still in the intensive care and we know now that he will have to go through a triple bypass heart surgery. Wish him luck and pray for us. I know he will be OK.

Back to business:
1. Anyone who holds AVNX please follow this instruction. Place a stop loss order at $2.88 and our target is $4.75 (+50%).
2. Shorting HYTM is difficult. Call your broker to find the shares for you to short.
3. Many of you own RICK. They just came out with a fantastic earnings. March was its record month as far as profit goes. Ka - ching! (Do you hear this sound? I do). The price of RICK almost touched $6 again. It will definately do that. You all know that I have doubled up last time it went down to $5.25. My average cost is now $4.75 and RICK is officially the top holding in my portfolio. I will be selling half position at $6.25 because it became too big in my portfolio. I still expect it to reach double digits! Most of you bought this in the $4 area. Just be happy.
4. MATK is becoming boring. This is my second largest holding and you know what? I am comfortable. My target for this outfit is $48. You heard me. If price goes down further, you should be happy. You can buy more. I will not sell this anytime soon. DHA and ARA is a must product for infants as well as senior citizens. It helps develope three organs in our body. Brain (this one is really important) Eyes (we kinda need this one too) and Heart (oh, this one you really need). Get it? Got that? Kabish? No more said in this matter.
5. I feel that couple of you will kick themselves in the xss later for not buying BTYH. I can not promise you but this one will run away from you. Act soon if you are ever going to act.
6. If you are new to this blog I forgive you. If not, I assume you have some oil related holdings. It doesn't matter if it is China oil co. or Brazil oil co. or whatever. I have OIH. Once again, if you do not have some of your $ in oil, I feel sorry for you. Please get the insurance.

I am looking for some gold play. Gold just became $600 per once. I used to always have some $ in gold. I don't know why I don't have one now. I will do the homework and tell you which one is my favorite. Just know this: Gold is the only real money. An once of gold bought a fine men's suit 100 years ago, today an once do the same. You can take an once of gold anywhere in the world, you will be able to buy fine men's suit. Gold is forever - diamond too.

Don't you get excited trying to fit nice companies into your portfolio? I get excited too easily. Among the eight (8) stocks I carry in my beautiful basket, all are profitable except for one. Internet Gold (symbol IGLD). I will introduce IGLD to you later. Just know this, I am not selling it yet. This one is interesting too. Good night.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gregstarr1 said...

I understand we may want to look at AZ as a possible buy and hold... your thoughts?

2:09 PM  
Blogger Gregstarr1 said...

Jay, how about KCS for oil?

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Greg:
No, AZ, MetLife or AXA are all great financial/insurance firms. All these stocks will do OK. Unless the firm is giving you a employee discount, I would not put my $ in any single firm like that. Instead if you like the industry place your $ in IXG or PIC. Much more stable and safe. As for oil, again I would not place my $ in one single company. Buy OIH and/or IXC. These are the best way to participate.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Guys, six transfers in a month is more than enough. Any cash sitting around should be in a MM (Money Market) account. Current rates are about 4.4-4.7% Happy saving!

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home