AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

This will be a good year for me...

Just got a call from Korea. My dad(67), a physician, was sent to the emergency room at Assan hospital in Korea. He had a heart related problem. It is fixable. I think that after the surgery (these days doctors do this kinds of surgery like you and I eat lunch) my dad will be a lot better. To be precise, he's had this issue for sometime. An artery leading to the heart got blocked but amazingly a new (totally new) artery was formed to feed blood to the heart. Can you believe it? Your body sometimes make totally new blood lines to survive itself. Let's take a moment to thank god for this gift. Anyway, my battle with cancer made me realize one very important thing. I hope you can all take this with you.
"Don't blame god for what you don't have that you want; thank god every day for the things you don't have that you don't want"
Let me ask you, do you want cancer? Just thank god.

Back to business; this was a great day.
SYMC went up nicely (business is on fire, I hope you bought it few days ago when I said Buy). It is up 5% in 5 days (nice :-)) Oh, we sold Apple today as well for a small profit. Apprently the Wall Street thinks Apple's business will slow, lowered target price for AAPL. I am not going to be around to find out if they are right. Take a small profit and move on (refer to my quote yesterday).

One of my holding BTYH (full name is Bad Toys Inc) just released great earnings. It will split the company and issue you a stock on the new company soon. I think it is under valued. It could potentially double (I mean 100%) from here within this year. I do think you need to get in on this. If you have read my first note, you know exactly what I have and what I paid for them.
Follow with me.

As I've said in the title I think this will be a good, no, great year for me. 1. My cancer will slowly die and I will be much healthier 2. My dad's health will improve dramatically so he can continue to see his patients and help them 3. I have as much time as I need to see family and friends 4. I have finally started to learn Golf 5. My investments will do well 6. I have a lovely home, lovely wife who makes a lot of money, I also have a beautiful son named Ace and I drive a black long Mercedes S class.

What else can a man ask for? Thank you god!
What else

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae - maybe you should have waited a little longer before getting out of AAPL. With the Windows software news today, AAPL is up $6!

But seriously, I hope your father recovers quickly from his "fixable" ailment. If he has half the determination that you have, he will get well soon

1:56 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

To John Lee:
We spoke on the phone. Your comment are a little long. Keep it concise buddy. Thanks for the interest.

To Johnny Im:
Some times you get one in the xss. I will detail what I mean in my blog tonight. As usual, Wall Street gangs did one on me. Ouch !

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is great to hear from you. I sincerely hope to see you come back to the industry soon. Based on 10 years of management experience, I know that NYL lost an excellent Partner. Now that George will be out very soon, 4/28, you can come back if you want to.

Kyle from Manhattan GO

6:33 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

To Kyle:
Thanks for your kind words. I am very happy at where I am now - Home! Let's keep in touch!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home