AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Welcome ...

Welcome to AceTrader notes:

Instead of e-mailing to all of you, I've decided to keep a journal for myself, as well as to communicate with friends. Yes, I am doing just fine and "Ace" is my son's first name.

I have both trading account as well as investment account. What's the difference you ask?
Investment time horizon.

Trading account is for a short term play (1day - few weeks at the most).
Investment account is for a long term play (months - years).

Obviously, you can have both in one account.
But please understand the difference.

As of today, these are my troops in the investment account.
MATK(28), AAPL(60), IGLD(6.5), OIH(142), BJS(35), RICK(4.7), BTYH(1.5), IDWD(0.7)
For simplicity, decimals were rounded off unless the stock price is in the single digits.

In my trading account: I am Long MATK(32) and Short ICE(67)

FYI:
Long = Betting that the stock will go up (most of you do this)
Short = Betting that the stock will go down (generally this carries more risk)

I will welcome your comments! Keep it coming ...

9 Comments:

Blogger Jaewoo said...

Well, your lesson learned.
Never blindly chase a stock.
You might get your chance again.
I like IDWD for the next couple of weeks. (they are promoting).

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jae, interesting stuff. I am not an invester yet (all my money in a mutual fund that made me about 12% over 5 years!!!) but your blog is easy reading & entertaining. Could hook me into the game. How do I start to play?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

To Jay:
Thank you. You probably understand that whether you like it or not, you need to be in the game sooner or later. The sooner the better. I hope through this site you gain confidence to re-enter. Guys, Jay is an attorney in the NYC area. Call me if you need his help!
To Lurch:
Simply follow what's going on. It will be self instructive. See you soon. One of my favorite fraternity brother!!!!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Gregstarr1 said...

Jay: I am looking at IDWD, is it still a looker?
Ciao for Now

Gregorio

11:29 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Greg:

Next time, put your comment on the most recent day's comment section.
There are comment sections for each new postings.
I will place my reply in the comment section as well.
This is the only way for others to learn from each other.

As to your q. the answer is yes.
It is a low price stock so it will be volatile. Look at the chart.
But, I am expecting a much higher price in the form of "special stock dividend"
You can get more info on this yourself through the company website.
And you get the company web site from Yahoo Finance.
Whether you buy it one shot or in increments is up to you.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3/29/2012 aapl and rick would have made a killing if you went longzy on those with the advice here. RIP my friend. Reading your old blog to remember you.

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home