AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Buy Fiber Optics now...

A favorable legisltion has been passed by the Congress. Basically, it opens up phone companies like AT&T to start sending video signals/contents as well. Guess what you need to do this? You are gonna need "Fiber Optics " because it can deliver much more at faster speed. How much fibers do phone companies need? Very - very - much.

Who are the players you ask?
Symbol Price Size of Co. PE ratio(07') Avg.Volume
JDSU 3.94 6.6 BILLION 78 56 MILLION
CIEN 4.85 2.8 BILLION 70 19 MILLION
FNSR 4.64 1.4 BILLION 30 13 MILLION
AVNX 3.03 450 MILLION 42 11 MILLION
MRVC 4.00 420 MILLION 95 2 MILLION

You need not thank me for this convenient chart. It's for me.
I know you want to buy everything but you need to take your pick.
I am buying AVNX. Don't ask me why.
Trust me you all ned some Fiber in your portfolio now!

P.S: All these stocks above more than doubled (that's more than 100%) last couple of months. Unless you can stomach such moves, don't bother. If you buy, please have a sell stop protection 10% below your cost. That's what I do. I actually have tighter stop at 8%. Happy hunting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gregstarr1 said...

AVNX = 3.19

11:16 AM  
Blogger Gregstarr1 said...

Did you see VDSI today?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

To Greg:
AVNX = Place Stop limit @ $2.88 and our goal is $4.6 (+50%) hopefully.

So far, VDSI is a great trading stock. Not a buy and hold. It was due for a bounce. I am not looking at it everyday. Move on...

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home