AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The day before Good Friday

Tomorrow, market seems to be positive albit low volume due to holiday weekend. Being a professional trader, I have lost a sense of holidays. Believe it or not, this will give me a chance to rest too. If anyone thinks trading is an easy task, well - I dare you to try. The stocks I day-trade (buy and sell on the same day) do not get mentioned often here because by the time you read it I am out of it. So what's the use for you? Let me just give you a taste:

I had two (2) day trades today - I was in and out of ICE (Long) for a quick 1% gain as well as 2% gain on OXPS (Long). For me, ICE (Intercontinental Exchange) and ISE (International Securities Exchange) have been a major contributor to my trades. In fact, I will be buying (Long) both ICE and ISE tomorrow as well. For those of you who can pull up a stock chart, try to take a look. You can probably see why I am constantly in those two named above. What tickles my fancy is - volatility. Up and down is what I crave for. This is probably not for you though.

For my investment account, the superstar this week is IDWD (up +68% in 3 days). If you want to join in, I would wait for a small discount before plunging in. You know that my cost on this was $0.7 per share (see note dated 3/30) I now have a gain of +120% (bought it in March). Obviously this is not the norm. We simply hit a home run. This story will get better and I will tell you as it unfolds.

Tomorrow, our Fiber Optics group will probably do well. TXCC (Transwitch) will continue the trend it set today (up +9.5% today). I told you I will be buying ISE. The larger picture is this:

Gold/Silver and Oil needs to take a rest; before moving up again.
This will be positive for stocks temporarily; before moving down.

That's why we are currently short KRY (Gold mining stock). Befor long, if and when, gold comes down to $550 area (currently $600) we will be buying gold related stocks for keeps. I am currently shopping for the best gold stock for us. I have three to choose from. I will tell you which one becomes our Idol soon.

On a personal note: My dad survived a triple by-pass surgery this morning. Doctors said that it went smoooth. I will take his word for it. My hope is that with three new arteries that feed my dad's heart, he will live many more years until we grow old. Those of you who prayed for our family, thank you. I will try to pay you back in this pages.
I love you dad.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jae:

Good to hear that your father fared well with the triple bypass surgery. I wish him a quick and safe recovery

I am thinking of the following stocks for investment purpose. My goal is to buy and hold (at least 1-2 years). Let me know what you think and what the timing should be.

1 MATK (currently at $28 and change)
2 Fiberoptics stock
3 S&P 500 index stock
4 Gold
5 Oil

Also, let me know if there are others I should get in

11:26 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Glad to hear that you will invest more for your future. How much in addtional investment are we talking? What is your unit worth? We feel that everyone should eventually have 10 - 12 different holdings in different industry. (This takes away close to 90% of unsystematic risk). However, a unit of investment should be no less than say $2,500 due to trading costs. This is a great topic, I will put it on the blog this evening. Thanks for the idea.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Gregstarr1 said...

Jae, I am really glad to hear about you Pop!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

Thanks Greg, I am glad to hear your closing as well. Nice going buddie.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Jaewoo said...

I have reviewed Dr. GE's blog and it is fantstic. This guy is genuine and knows what he is talking about. And guess what, he likes MATK too! Generally I do not trust Ph.Ds (kidding) but he is OK. Thanks Dr. Ge.

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home