AceTrader

This site was designed to communicate with friends who share similar interest. The interest in the "free market". Stocks, over the long term, provide the best return on your money. More than cash, bonds and even real estate. Understand that investing is a learning process. We will learn from our mistakes and move on. This is a journey. Enjoy the ride!

Name:
Location: Bayside, New York, United States

My love for the market began in 1987 when I first opened a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. You know what happened back in 87'. "Black Monday", the market crashed. My initial $ went down fast. Thus began my thirst for the challenge to make it in the market. Although I have science background, my Bachelors degree is in Economics from Washington University (great school). I also have earned an MBA in Finance from Fordham University, New York. Although I am registered as an "investment advisor" with the NASD, any information in this blogger is not intended for any business use.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Warren Buffett-Annual Meeting

I am very excited right now.
Tomorrow morning, I am on a plane to Ohmaha, Nebraska.
I have never been to the state of Nebraska. I bet most of you have not either. I mean what's in Ohmaha except some trees and mountains? But I will tell you who, is in Ohmaha - Mr. Warren Bueffett. If you do not know his name, you should just chock yourself. Mr. Bueffett is THE best living money manager we have today.

His company, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) is worth about $140 billion dollars. Mr. Buffett is the second richest man in the world behind Mr. Bill Gates of Microsoft. By the way, Bill Gates is on the board of Berkshire Hathaway. Warren built his fortunes by buying businesses (stocks). His company now owns many names you already know. GEICO (insurance), Dairy Queen (fast food), Fruit of the Loom (clothing), Kirby (vaccume machines), NetJets (airplane time share), Shaw Industry (carpets), World Book and many more.

So why am I going to Nebraska? I am attending the annual shareholders meeting for Berkshire Hathaway. It is going to be big. I think they are expecting about 30,000 people to attend. Let me tell you this way, I could not find a hotel to stay anywhere near the city. It is all booked up. In fact, the hotel clerk told me that the whole city was booked 6 months ago. I now know what I have to do next year.

I will come back with lots of wisdom I am sure.
This means that I will not be able to update this blog for the next few days. I am leaving tomorrow (Thursday) and I will be back on Monday. Don't worry, you will be O.K.

The stock market is somewhat boring the last few days. Most companies are releasing excellent earnings report but the market refuse to move up on the news. Oil prices, Iran, damage caused by Microsoft all effects the market right now. When all is said and done we will move higher once more. I am just worried about this summer. Maybe I will just go away for a while.

Oh, remember the gold stock I shorted? I shorted KRY at $5.91 - today I covered portion of the holding at $4.5/sh. This was an excellent move since no one wanted to short the gold stock few days ago. Mr. Jim Cramer of Street.com loves KRY. Many people bought the stock based on his advise. I decided to go against the crowd. So far, I am winning. I think KRY will go even lower! Watch this for your amusement sake while I am gone.

Please don't do anything crazy while I am away. Be patient. Be cool.
I will be back soon enough. Peace...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I've been to Omaha twice - and that's twice too many. I can guarantee you that Omaha is nothing to write home about... stay in your hotel where the meeting is taking place - you'll be saving yourself a lot of time and effort

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UTK hit $17 today - I missed the opportunity at $16. Is it too late to buy?

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone:
If you go back and read when I reccommended UTK, I said " I just want in, you guys can buy this cheaper than I did since price went a little lower after I bought them". I bought this at $14.25
Some of you waited and it went passed $15 then $16 then $17 and today it was as high as $18/sh!
I told you about UTK a few days ago! Come on.
UTK just released a record earnings! I am not going to say i told you so. Long term UTK is a great buy...

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home